- The Adherents of the Repeated Meme
- Beard Scar Pain Milk
- The Directional Gyros
- Oregon Vortex
- New Math
- Clown Dismantlers
- Inveterate Tobacco Chewers
- Slow Talkers of America (Thanks Bob and Ray!)
- Shakey McGorkal
- Animeberry RFD
- Helper Monkey
- Three Bags Full
- Time Dogs
- The Redneck Geeks of Punk
I asked the surgeon if I would be able to play the piano after the operation, and he got a big laugh out of it (It's an old joke, see. --And he knows I'm a musician.).
I'll be back soon with a blog about the differences and similarities between gazpacho and the Gestapo.
Here are your band names:
- Cathemeral Somnambulist
- Cathemeral Cthulu
- Mimes of God
- Universal ReMonster
- Band for Fat Ladies who leave Half a Donut in the Breakroom -- What's Up with That?
Today! A Band Name First! --Song Titles!
Remember folks, these are hand made band names. None of these are generated by the "Ewok Band Name Generator" (or similar).
Guest Column today! A "Band Names" first--Song Titles!
Today's Guest Song Titles come from complete songs composed by Rachel M. (Age 5).
- Poodles are Green [Sample Lyric: "Poodles are a good pet/I'll get one I bet ( . . . ) Paris is a long way away/I hope I go there someday"]
- The Ocean is Peaceful, with Dolphins On The Side
- Rabbits are Cute
- Home on the Range II ["Butterflies are Better on the Range/Trees are much less blocky on the Range..."]
Rachel made up these songs on the fly last night. They're pretty good and play well to live audiences.
Nothin' But Premo Band Names, Dude.
- Visual Purple
- Salmon Dei
- Threshin Crew
- Box in the Cross
- Water Noodle
- Conkus of the Blecktie
- Jurrasic Beaver
Sometimes they come to you
- Audio Truth Serum
- Logo Daedalus
- Super Naculum
Google Me Not.
Hi, I'm Mark Wynkoop. I run this list.
Don't Google me though. I'm not that Mark Wynkoop.
Potential psycho girlfriends and opportunistic employers rushing out to Google me, think twice. Take what you see with a grain of salt.
I'm not that Mark Wynkoop.
- I am not married.
- My wife is not pregnant.
- I have no wife.
- I'm not married.
- I don't have cats.
- I don't have any pictures of my grandma's 80'th birthday on the internet -- that I'm aware of.
- My wife is not pregnant.
- I have no children -- that I'm aware of.
- I have no wife.
Questions and Answers:
Q: There is yet another Mark Wynkoop that writes computer books. Are you that Mark Wynkoop?
A: Probably not. I co-authored "Java as an Object-Oriented Language" with Bob Celestino (Mark Lorenz, Ed.) in 1995. It won a JOOP award from the Journal of Object-Oriented Programming. The only online review you will probably find is a few paragraphs that complain about the cost of the book (about $60 US). Whoever wrote that has not been in college since the fifties.
I'm not the Mark Wynkoop that writes the C++ books.
Q: How can I distinguish you from the other Mark Wynkoops?
A: First of all, I do not use the possessive apostrophe "s" when indicating plural, as in "Mark Wynkoop's", Also I am (of course) much better looking and quite a charmer if you look past my screen of Generation X irony (remember us? Generation X, anyone?) . Also, look for these indicators:
- I wrote the music for the films "The Fifth Chamber" and "The Shape of Our Fears".
- I wrote the music for the Navigator Series of edutainment CD-ROM titles from Simon and Shuster.
- I did the multimedia design and 3D graphics for countless projects. I literally have no idea how many.
- I have painted album covers for Groups such as Jekyll Island and Echo II.
- I designed the "3-pane with a big blue button" FAQ format for IBM. You will still see it in certain products and IBM web pages, especially in the vertical "developer tool" segment.
- I helped in both the Hurricane Katrina and Pakistan Earthquake relief efforts in 2005. I did not sleep much in September and November, and I feel the experience changed me in ways I still don't comprehend.
- I had trouble pronouncing "cellular" when I was little.
- I can do a dead on imitation of movie trailer voice-over king Don LaFontaine --- "IN A WORLD!!...Where one man was the law...there's one thing THEY didn't count on! --ONE MAN!!!"
Also I make up phony band names on a blog.
Here are some:
- Spelt Rite
- Pocket Mass
- Positive Rejection
- Sarah Drain
- Touch Me In Mine Inbox
- Boring Glory
Band names...like a dog...running through paint...
- Red-Foot Chloe
- The Runables
- Giraffe-sick Park
- Disney's California Adventure(TM), Featuring the Music of Jerry Goldsmith
Invitation to sing for the Elite of Mammoth...
- Deep Texas
- Van Rastus (sic)
- The Gun Darks
- You Were You Wanted
- Sleep Debt
- The Elite of Mammoth
I'm living with my mother, and I'm not Italian...
Previously on "My Band Name For Today ":
My Parents are here.
See, I get "Visited" because I live in a nice area of Florida on the beach. My sister lives in Alaska and probably gets visited less, even though she has babies there and I am single.
If I did have children, do you imagine that I'd get visited any less? Or possibly more?...
The band names today: (en francais pour les canadiens, nom les ensaubles de musique du jour - see, that quarter credit of high school French is not wasted! My French is perfect! Mon francais, il est wonderschoen!)
- Scream for Beads
- Her Other Body
- Internal Scarface
- Baby in the Cake
- More Wonder Beautiful
- Holy BoozeWax
- Quiet Part Loud
- Bicentennial Quarterback