Band Name Cornucopia to sate you for the weekend
1) Yes, in a few months I’m going to name my actual band one of these names. I will put up some MP3 links from our band once the website is ready.
2) Keep in mind that these are original band names. I would love to list “Barbie Bones” or “The Pain Teens”, but they are real bands, so you will not see them here. Some of you are sending me real band names. I’m not collecting actual bands, but keep sending them. I may create a “Cool REAL Bands” list someday.
3) There MAY be bands with the same name as the ones I make up. I can’t guarantee that a guy in Minong Wisconsin didn’t also make up a band named “More Cowbell”. Also I am free to name bands after songs by other bands (e.g. “Cocteau Twins”, who were named from a Simple Minds song).
4) Frequently Asked Question #1
- Q: Isn’t this a waste of effort and time that should be applied to doing something actually creative?
- A: Yes. It’s like a writers group. We get together and talk out our stories so we never have to write or market them.
5) Frequently Asked Question #2
- Q: What is that high solo string sound on Gary Numan's "Cars"?
- A: Often misreported as a (rare) Polymoog, this is actually a little-known Polymoog variant, the stripped-down "Polymoog Keyboard". Although it shared the dreaded divide-down oscillator of the Polymoog, it contained the hardwired "Vox Humana" preset, used By Numan in "Cars". Vox Humana sounds nice--raising the number of good sounds the Polymoog could produce to 1--but Vox Humana loses some of it's luster when you consider that its designed to sound like (a) the eponymous organ stop, or (b) the human voice.
And now--without further Perdue—today’s band names:
- Eddy Jibbits
- Talk Like A Pirate
- Itchycoo Park
- "Antony Pantony" or "Sugarbritches"
- The Last Numbered Commandments
- Tarragon of Animals
- Less Than 5 Parsecs
- The Funky Davenports
- Pictionary Dickies
- Dirt-Cheap Drive
- Natural Male Enhancement
- The Asian Scoobies
- Batch Man