2007-06-23

 

William Hazlitt and the Biomechanical Lesbian

William Hazlitt discusses "The Public":
"There is not a more mean, stupid, dastardly, pitiful, selfish, spiteful, envious, ungrateful animal than The Public. It is the greatest of cowards because it is afraid of itself."
William Hazlitt was an English critic and essayist (1778 - 1830), friend to William Wordsworth and Samuel Taylor Coleridge. I return to Hazlitt frequently. His essays on gusto and the knocking on the gate in MacBeth are must-reads for any writer.

Here are today's new band names:
"Flume" would also be a good name for a soft drink. There would be "Flume" "Flume Lite(tm)" and "Sugar Free Diet Flume with Riboflavin".

"Biomechanical Lesbian" was suggested to me by an anonymous donor. It gets my band name of the month nomination, as I giggle every time I think about it. It reminds me of a stand-up act from the 80's where the woman claimed the word "lesbian" sounded more like the term for a professional technician. Like "Honey! The TV's on the fritz! We better call the Lesbian."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?