2010-04-15

 

Interoffice emails that raise more questions than they answer

A lady at work (whom I sort-of-know) sent out the following email. She included me on the distro-list for some reason.

Let me preface this by saying that I don't work in one of those hip TV-style freewheeling offices. I work with old people who think that electricity is a fad.

The message:
Subject: Pie
If everyone emails me their favorite type of pie, I will bring in the pie with the highest votes tomorrow.
There is something so unhip-it's-cool about that pie poll*.

In fact its so cool, it makes me kind of suspicious.

I give "Pie" today's honorary Admiral Akbar "It's a Trap!" award.
* Good thing it wasn't a pot pie poll. And that Khmer Rouge despot Pol Pot wasn't involved in the pot pie poll.

Comments:
That's the problem with you youngsters. What's not to love about free pie?


BTW, my verification word was "whanni."
 
"whanni" sounds like a vaguely obscene new age musician.

And speaking of vaguely obscene, all this talk about free pie smacks of at least quadruple entendre, which beggars some sort of sophomoric response which I will avoid (unless you deconstruct this increasingly convoluted and charged sentence).

BTW I noticed that McDonald's has brought back Cherry Pie. Score!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?